The Value Of Being A Podcast Guest Speaker
The Value Of Being A Podcast Guest Speaker – How You Can Scale Your Business
Ready to take your business to the next level?
A really great way to do so is by being a podcast guest speaker and getting yourself out there.
Being a podcast guest speaker can be an excellent way to leverage your niche expertise, build your personal brand, and increase your exposure as an expert in your field.
We’ll dive into why this is, as well as give you some tips and tricks on how you can become a frequent guest on podcasts if you haven’t already done so.
But first, let’s answer some important questions…
What is a podcast guest speaker?
A podcast guest speaker is someone who has been invited to record an episode or two of a podcast. This guest may be a person in your industry or a notable person the podcast hosts want to interview.
Guest speakers are usually invited onto a podcast to spark new conversations, provide fresh content, and expand the scope of topics covered in the podcast.
This has the added benefit of attracting new listeners who may not have discovered the podcast otherwise.
Why being a podcast guest speaker is important
Being a podcast guest speaker is important for a few reasons.
Podcasts serve to legitimize your business. When you appear on a podcast, other people hear your voice and get to know you better. They hear your ideas and get to decide for themselves whether or not they agree with you.
People who listen to podcasts are often looking to learn new things and discover new people. Suppose you present yourself well, and have something valuable to say. In that case, you’ll probably gain a few new followers, too.
Moreover, podcasts are very popular on all sorts of media. Podcasts can be found on radio, YouTube, podcasts, and even downloaded and listened to on the go through apps like Spotify.
This makes podcasts a very accessible form of media to gain new listeners.
How to be a podcast guest speaker?
Now that we’ve discussed the importance of being a podcast guest speaker let’s talk about how to actually do it.
There are a few key essential things to keep in mind when you’re looking to become a podcast guest speaker, including:
- Be willing to promote the podcast – First and foremost, you’ll have to be willing to promote the podcast. Most podcasts provide guests with a few links to share on social media and their websites, but you may have to do a little more if you want to make a real difference.
- Be prepared for a lot of research – You’ll also have to be prepared for a lot of research. If you want to be a good podcast guest, you’ll have to have a good grasp on the topic of the podcast, as well as be able to speak fluidly on the subject.
- Know when to say ‘yes’ and ‘no’ – Above all, you’ll have to know when to say yes, and when to say no. You want to be picky but also diligent. You want to look for podcasts that are a good fit for you, but also podcasts with a good amount of listeners.
3 ways being a podcast guest speaker can benefit your business
- Gives You a Stage – You’ve got a stage. You’ve got an audience to share your ideas, thoughts, and expertise. This is your time to shine, and you’ve got a great chance to reach many people. Let’s be honest; the world would be much better if everyone believed in themselves more. If everyone knew their worth, and if everyone used their skills to help others. All you must do is be ready and willing to share your knowledge and expertise.
- Builds Your Personal Brand – You’re not just building your brand; you’re building it quickly. Podcasts can get a lot of views and be downloaded and listened to for months at a time. You can help your brand grow and become something more significant. You can become an authority in your field. You can become the go-to person for your topic.
- Leads to Connections – You can also meet other people who work in your area and people who are interested in your field. Podcasts usually have a comments section, where you can connect with other podcast listeners, as well as the hosts. You’ll find yourself making connections you otherwise wouldn’t have been able to.
3 tips for being a successful Podcast Guest Speaker
- Be Authentic – The most important tip for being a successful podcast guest speaker is to be authentic. You want to be the absolute best version of yourself when you’re on the show. Be the person you are and don’t try to be anyone else.
- Be Prepared – Be prepared for the interview. Be prepared for the host’s questions and what you want to talk about. You don’t want to sound unprepared, as it could reflect poorly on you.
- Be friendly – Above all, be friendly. The show isn’t just about you. It’s an interview. It’s two or more people having a conversation. Remember that, and act accordingly.
The Value of Being a Podcast Guest Speaker – How You Can Scale Your Business
When you become a podcast guest speaker, you have the ability to scale your business.
You can reach many people you usually wouldn’t be able to. You can reach people in other countries and people who don’t necessarily know about your business.
Becoming a podcast guest speaker allows you to tap into a new market and reach people who you usually wouldn’t be able to.
It’s also a really great way to build your brand and authority while making connections in other industries that may lead to future business opportunities.
Ready to get out there and start being a podcast guest speaker?
You can start by searching for podcasts in your field or cover topics you’d like to discuss.
Then, get ready to present yourself well, and share your knowledge and expertise with the world.